Hi friends 🙂
Preeti Datta (aka Dutt Preety) here. How are you today?
There are only a few days left in the month of April and Bob n Betty will soon be celebrating it’s 3rd Birthday on 28th April, yay!! That’s tomorrow!! Everyone at the Bob n Betty family is very thankful to all it’s patrons & supporters. To celebrate, there is an awesome giveaway & a Mega Contest, to check out all the details & for your chance to win superb prizes, please visit the Bob n Betty Facebook page. Don’t miss this awesome opportunity, there is very little time left to participate 🙂
Today, I’d like to share a set of 2 Layered Vintage Cards I made using Bob n Betty’s beautiful new range of Decoupage Specialty Papers- “Meadows” and “Classics”. I also included a few elements from the “Glam Craft” collection. Both the cards are big sized, 5 by 9 inches. When I saw the pretty butterflies, birds and flowers, I was inspired by the theme of nature, so I added the title “Wild & Free” using alphabet beads, to both the cards.
The new Decoupage Specialty Paper Collections are perfect for vintage themed projects and they coordinate brilliantly with all the previous releases. It is super fun & easy to mix and match elements. The designs are gorgeous and these decoupage papers can be used for all kinds of paper crafting projects including decoupage, cards, scrapbooks, canvases, tags, art journalling etc. I would highly recommend checking out the numerous great examples on the Bob n Betty blog and Instagram page, made by the Design Teams over the years. It really is worth the time.
Layered Vintage Cards
Card 1: Butterflies
Card 2: Birdie
- Die cut tags, labels and lattices using Bob n Betty’s Meadows, Classics & Glam Craft Decoupage Specialty Papers & old book pages.
2. Distressed the edges of all the paper elements (die cuts and torn pieces) with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Also fussy cut some flowers from these papers.
3. Distressed the edges of the paper mats with a distress tool to give a worn out look and also darkened the edges with distress ink, then adhered these to the white card base.
4. Created a visually pleasing composition/design by layering the elements (die cuts, fussy cut elements, gauze, twine, sisal, burlap, flowers wood slices, corrugated cardboard, alphabet beads & wooden buttons) and adhered some of the elements with liquid glue and others with 3d foam tape to add dimension
5. As a finishing touch, did background stamping with archival ink, created white ink splatter & added a few doodles.
Bob n Betty Supplies Used:
Meadows Decoupage Specialty Papers
Classics Decoupage Specialty Papers
Glam Craft Decoupage Specialty Papers
That is all for today.
Please do share your gorgeous creations using Bob n Betty papers with us on our facebook group Bob n Betty Buddies.
Remember you can always purchase all the beautiful Bob n Betty products from our wonderful Sales Buddies.
Thanks for your precious time 🙂