Hello my crafty friends,
Today I bring to you my first project as Bob n Betty’s Design Team Member. A decoupage project – Makeup Organizer made with the new gorgeous BobnBetty Decoupage Specialty Papers “Roseate”. These papers have a beautiful Victorian romance feel to them and I absolutely love them. So much so, that I used almost the entire pack of papers on one project.
The best part about BobnBetty designs is that you don’t have to add too many elements to the design to make your projects look better. There is so much going on in the background of each design…newspaper print…text… patterns… dark and light flowers… paint splashes along with the one highlighted main element.
Here is the process you can follow to recreate an organizer:
- The first step is to sand the box well.
- The entire box is then painted maroon, matching the color of one of the flowers in the print.
- A subtle texture at the back of the tray and on the dividers with the help of stencils and paints gives a very nice soft look to the project.
- Decoupage the box with the desired prints on the 3 sides and also inside the tray and on the base of the top tray.
- With the help of distress inks, merge the edges.
- Added one of the matching flower elements from the Roseate Vol-1 DECOPATCH papers after fuzzy cutting, to the front divider of the organizer.
- Using gold paint, I stenciled the same pattern in the front of the box, to add another element to the look and feel of the box.
- To finish the box, I added a metal label embellishment and a tag saying ‘Beautiful You’.
This organizer can be used to store many things other than makeup. I would love to store even my crafting tools in it.
I had fun using these papers and I must say they are super easy to use even if you are a beginner at decoupage. Do try them and don’t forget to share your work with us in our Facebook group “Bob n Betty Buddies”.