Hi friends 🙂
Preeti Datta (aka Dutt Preety) here. Hope you are doing well.
Today, I’d like to share a Mixed Media Layout titled “Memories”. I was inspired by the cute child’s photo who reminded me of my own niece when she was little. I’ve used papers from the totally adorable “Little Wonderland” Scrapbook Papers Collection. This paper pack is perfect for all children’s themed projects including cards, scrapbooks, canvases, party decorations like banners, gift boxes etc My wonderfully talented team mates and I have shared lots of projects in the past few months using these papers, so I highly recommend you to check those & try out some of the designs & techniques shared 🙂
Mixed Media Layout- Memories
Here are some close-up photos:
- One of the papers from the Little Wonderland Collection was taken as the base. It was torn a little from all 4 sides, distressed and darkened with grey ink. Then this was adhered to a 12 by 12 size sheet of heavy white card stock. Stitch stamping was done in the gaps created to give a textured look and add interest to the page.
- Clear gesso was applied on the scrapbook paper to prep it for mixed media work. Then light paste was added through a stencil in different areas of the page, to prepare the background and add texture.
- To add color to the page, light colors (blue and yellow) of Ink sprays were added, movement was created with drips.
- Background stamping was done with grey archival inks.
- Photo mats and frames were created with die cuts of papers from the Little Wonderland Collection and white card stock.
- Few elements were fussy cut from the Little Wonderland Collection
- All the elements for layering were gathered and adhered to the page in a visually pleasing composition. Elements included fussy cut images, sentiments, twines, thread & flowers. To add dimension, some of the elements were adhered with 3d foam tape.
- The project was embellished with few buttons & to add additional texture and shine, a mixture of mini & regular art stones, silver sequins & soft matte gel was applied to various places on the page.
- In the end, some heavy white gesso was applied to the elements using the dry brushing technique and a few ink splatters were created.
That is all for today.
Please do share your gorgeous creations using Bob n Betty papers with us on our facebook group Bob n Betty Buddies.
Remember you can always purchase all the beautiful Bob n Betty products from our wonderful Sales Buddies.
Thanks for your precious time