Tanya here with a Mixed Media Canvas using the beautiful Decoupage Specialty Papers and Premium Textured Chipboard by Bob n Betty. I’ve decided to go with a Steampunk theme. Here are the basic steps to follow:
- Cut the textured chipboard to make an 8×8 size canvas.
- Cut the decoupage papers to fit the 8×8 canvas/chipboard. Apply with clear gesso and give another coat of clear gesso on top. Leave to dry.
- Randomly stamp some brick images on the canvas and then add crackle texture paste using a stencil.
- Randomly spray some gold mists on the canvas and leave to dry.
- Randomly add some rub on elements.
- Add the metal corners.
- Paint the various chipboard elements with black gesso, build your composition and adhere with gloss gel. Leave to dry.
- Start applying some different colour waxes to the chipboard composition.
- Emboss the chipboard piece (DOCUMENTED) with Ranger Embossing Powder.
- Arrange the rest of your embellishments (metal, sequins, string) as per the picture or as you like.
- All done!
Here are some close ups…
Hope you like this as much as I enjoyed making it!