Hello Dear Crafty Friends!
Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) here. Hope you had a nice weekend.
I’d like to share a Mixed Media Layout titled “Enjoy the Journey” today.
I’ve used Bob n Betty’s gorgeous new Cottage Blush Collection here. It has beautiful and classy designs which are perfect for vintage and shabby chic projects. For this project, I was inspired by the theme of travel, adventure & the great outdoors and wanted to create a vintage look.
Here is a photo of the layout:
Here are a few close-up photos:
Slideshow: Few photos of the process
- Chose a beautiful wood grain design paper from Bob n Betty’s Cottage Blush Collection and applied Prima’s Clear Gesso all over the background and then Heavy White Gesso on some areas of it to prepare the base for media.
- Prepared the elements for the layout by fussy cutting & distressing the edges of post card images from one of the pattern papers in the Cottage Blush Collection.
- Heat embossed the chipboards in black then colored some gauze with Lindy’s Sprays and rolled some old book pages into straw shapes.
- Created a composition around the photo by layering the burlap, fussy cut images, gauze, paper straws, chipboards and strings. Adhered it to the page by using Tacky glue.
- Did background work on the page by using stencils, stamps and archival inks in 2 shades: black and brown
- Added more stencil work to the background by heat embossing in white
- Added a bit of color (in shades of black, brown, pink & green using Lindy’s sprays) to the background as well as in some places on the main composition
- After everything was dry, added a bit of brown color using Lindy’s sprays to the 4 corners of the page to bring the piece together and add depth. Darkened the edges of the page with Black Archival Ink and added hand drawn borders as well as some doodling with white acrylic paint
- In the end, added a couple of word stickers as secondary sentiments to support the main title and created white and brown splatter to bring everything together.
That’s all for today.
Thanks for your precious time.
Have a great week!
Happy Crafting and Stay Blessed.