Pratyusha here with a super quirky project this time, after all its made from the latest minion themed papers released by Bob n Betty 🙂
The moment I layed my eyes on these, I knew I wanted to make a wearable pair of shoes. I wear shoes most of the time to college as well so had an extra pair, which I haven’t used at all. So decided that this time I should make Minion Inspired shoes for myself.
The procedure is as follows:
1) I primed the canvas shoe with a coat of gesso.
2) Gave a base coat of Cadmium Yellow.
3) From the paper pack I cut out minions in different sizes and use decoupage matt glue to glue them to the sides of the canvas shoe.
4) For the tongue of the canvas shoe I cut out the pattern from the paper pack with blue background and yellow polka dots. I didn’t have to do much work here as the papers themselves have a lot of depth. I pasted the pattern again using decoupage matt glue.
5) Once everything was dry used Ochre yellow to put in some highlights.
6) Added black paint to accentuate the design and let everything dry overnight.
7) Gave a coat of water based varnish and let it dry
And tadaa…my own pair of decoupaged Minion shoes is ready to flaunt!!! I already wore it to a small party 🙂
Quite a quirky pair I would say!!!