Hope you all are doing good, and gearing n grooming up yourselves for the upcoming festivals.. A lot of things were keeping me occupied these days, so after a little break, I am here with my new project and and and, my first ever pictorial.. yes, you read it right.. its a pictorial for you on my “Accordion Pocket Album” using the Coral Cluster paper pack by Bob n Betty.
The day I saw these papers, I just fell in love with them. The papers are just flattering. This collection has a mix of beautiful shades of pink and grey, and my favorite poppy flowers.
What I love about all the papers from Bob n Betty is each paper pack is so complete in itself, that u don’t have to use many embellishments. They look amazing on their own… 🙂
So without further delay, lets start with the details on the making of this little Accordion Pocket Album. I will be giving the procedure in three steps, first we will create the pockets, then the cover and then comes tags.
First Step: Envelope Shaped Pockets
1. I took a black cardstock measuring 11.5″ X 5.5″, scored the 11.5″ side at 3″ and 8.5″ & 5.5″ side at 4.5″. Next, I discarded the corner rectangles.
- I like to round off my corners for a better finish using a corner punch. Also used my 1″ circle die to cut a half circle on the open edge of the pocket & adhered the folded sides along the doted lines (refer Pic B). My envelope shaped pockets are done.
- I m using 8 pockets in this album, you can make more as per your requirements.
Now, I had to paste pattern papers on the sides of the pockets. For this, I used 16 pieces of 3 different pattern papers cut into 4.5″X2″ and scored them in half.
4. Folded them (not putting much pressure) and pasted them on the sides of my pockets. Using a little wet glue I pasted the pockets together and kept it aside for drying.
Second Step: Cover
- I used 1mm chipboard cut into the following sizes:
BACK : 6″ X6″
TOP COVER: 4 1/4″ X6″
BOTTOM COVER: 3 3/4″ X 6″
MIDDLE PIECES (2 nos): 1.5″ X 6″
- I pasted them on slightly bigger black cardstock and covered the sides to make the cover. Using different pattern papers I covered all the faces on my cover.
- Now, I attached my accordion shaped pocket structure to the cover simply by pasting the first pocket on the bottom cover first, n then the last pocket on the back of the cover. It was now time to make the tags to insert in the pockets.
Third Step: Tags
- For the tags I cut my black cardstock in 5″X 5.5″ and used my bracket die on one of the edges. Using the same die on slightly smaller pattern papers, I got my 8 pieces ready to be pasted on the tags.
Time to embellish the album.. 🙂
I used a C-lock for the closure, few fussy cut flowers from one of the pattern papers, Poppy flower chipboard cutouts from Dusty attics water-colored them (just loved loved loved the way they looked n matched to the papers), some stones, sentiments, few of my dies, and some metal charms to embellish my little album.
Here are the pictures of the final product.
I hope you liked it and found it inspiring. Do share if you follow this tutorial to create a similar Accordion Pocket Album.