Ayushi here, with a latest and super fun creation as my DT project this month. The moment I received Bob n Betty’s latest release WOODIES in my DT pack, I decided to create something out of the box. This paper line is so gorgeous that within an our of receiving them, my mind was flooded with the ideas but as I said I wanted to make something unique the idea of designing a Shaker Clock arose.
Sooo….time came to pick up some material from my stash and start making the clock.
I have a step-by-step procedure for you all which I followed to create this fun piece.
- I took MDF square borders and applied white gesso and acrylic color on all sides.
2. I chose beautiful paper from Bob n Betty woodies collection and pasted on 12*12 MDF base and fixed the time mechanism.
3. Now, I picked one more coordinating paper from the same collection and pasted on top layer of MDF border as shown here.
4. The began the fun part, i love to play with the textures, so started using embossing crackle paste and gold embossing paste to give textures on the top layer.
5. Now paste the lower layer of MDF border onto the 12×12 inches clock base and pour in bright coordinating sequins.
6. Paste the OHP right on the lower layer of MDF, and fix the upper border of MDF onto it(on which the paper is pasted). And there….your shaker clock is ready.
Some close ups of this beauty…..
Here is a small video to give you the glimpses of this clock.
GO ON UNTIL THE CLOCK IS SHAKING
Hope you all loved the making of this gorgeous clock.