Praryusha here with a new blog post, Hope you all are enjoying the festive season.
Well as the festivities are absolutely on my mind, I decided to create something peppy for this month’s blog post. No Doubts, a lot of guests come over home during this time of the year, so the idea of making a bright and colorful serving tray blown my mind. So, I picked up my all time favorite Vintage Blooms of Bob n Betty and there you go……
Here is the procedure I followed:
- Select a pattern paper you like from. Cut it to fit the tray you choose.
- Apply gesso onto the tray surface and let dry between coats. Give at least 2 coats of gesso.
3. Apply a layer of Decoupage glue over the tray surface and stick the cut pattern paper in place and let dry.
4. Select paints that go with your pattern paper and paint the tray accordingly. I used acrylic paints and Tim Holtz distress paints to get the vintage effect. Let it dry.
5 Once dried, I used Tim Holtz script stamp and Stazon black ink to randomly stamp all over the tray.
6. Used one-step crackle paint from Tim Holtz over the pattern paper and let dry till the cracks were formed.
7. Gave highlights with Viva Decor Inka gold- Gold paint.
8. To finish and seal the project I used Asian Paints wood varnish!!!
Hope I’ve been able to inspire you to create something for your home.